Thursday, November 11, 2010

Not the norm

This is definitely out of the ordinary for me, but I recently did a watercolor landscape. It was a birthday gift for my grandmother. I used to do more naturalistic watercolor paintings in middle school and high school when I was first getting used to the medium. Now I use it in a totally different way. I was kind of out of practice with this type of work, having not done a watercolor landscape in probably over 10 years. All considering, it came out better than I imagined it would. My grandmother likes it anyway, and that's all that matters really since it is for her.
The scene depicted is imaginary. I used two different photos I took as partial reference, but it's a loose reference. The one photo I took in Vermont, and the other I took in Oregon, totally different sides of the country, funny enough.

No comments: