Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Getting organized

I've been super busy lately getting ready for a solo show at the end of June. Essentially, I now have less than two months to put this thing together. I want to exhibit all new pieces, which is kinda making things a bit more stressful, but I know I'd feel somewhat dissatisfied about showing old work. It's crazy, but less than a month after arriving in Portland, I get offered a solo show. Antler Gallery in the Alberta Arts district were kind enough to add me to the summer calendar. Supposedly, it's extremely busy during the last thursdays of the month for the art openings around summertime. I'm not sure what to expect except that drumming is probably involved.

At the moment, I am working on 17 pieces. All are at the pencil stage right now. My allergies have been crazy this month, so I am constantly sneezing and rubbing my itchy eyes. Also, I've been scanning craigslist like crazy trying to find a place to live, and going to look at houses. I've looked at 6 so far. I'm staying with a friend at the moment, but unfortunately, we have a big ant problem here and we've been besieged by the little critters (to the point where they are crawling on us, the ceiling, my drawings, the toilet etc. etc....). We're using different methods to try and control them, but it's still a big problem. 

So that is what's on my plate for the moment......it's pretty full.

Oh, and I'm trying to get a screen print of my work created in time for the solo show. More on that later.....but I think it'll be good if it works out.

No comments: