Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Chicago 2013

At the beginning of December, I made a trip out to Chicago for the opening my solo show "At the Hour of Sleep" at Rotofugi Gallery. My show was alongside Travis Lamp's solo "The Cult of Chauncy". Travis and I had been in shows together but never had the opportunity to meet before. Travis lives in Chicago so I knew he would be around. My parents traveled from Michigan for the opening. It was pretty cold when we were there and the opening was kind of sparse in terms of crowds. However, it was great getting to meet Travis and nice that my parents were able to attend an opening of mine. Also, I had never really seen Chicago before, so that was a new experience. I was excited just to go to the museums! And despite the lack of people at the opening, it was my most financially successful show to date :)




















No comments: