Saturday, May 17, 2008

I have started to do some drawings that I suppose could be a series because they are similar in tone and style. Maybe I will make more, larger ones too. I haven't worked very big in a long time. A moleskine and a 8/12 x 11 piece of paper is about the largest I have drawn in quite a while. Time for a change I think. Baby steps though......

Also, today I was thinking about the way that I've been working. I usually sit down and do a drawing and will finish that drawing before I start another one. I never really thought about this, but it's true. I guess if I start to do larger drawings, I may begin to work on multiple things at once, which will be a change for me. I don't know why I feel the need to finish something before starting something else. Sometimes I get bored working on one thing at a time, and doing multiple projects at once might be a good thing to try.

I cleaned up my work area today and tried to consolidate all my paper into one pile. Now I have a better idea of what materials I have to work with. I also have some masonite gessoed and ready to paint on. Not sure what I will paint or when that will be, but it should be interesting returning to painting.

No comments: