Tuesday, May 31, 2011

"Final Voyage of the Elders" sneak peek

Hey all,

Well, I have finally completed all three of the drawings I will be showing at Causey Contemporary this summer in Brooklyn, NY. I know, three drawings doesn't sound like a whole lot, or not enough to make completing them all sound like a huge accomplishment, but it took a long time. I think it was because I kept getting sidetracked with other shows and freelance assignments that popped up. They are all 18" x 24", and if you're familiar with my work, you know that's pretty big for me. Well, pretty labor intensive anyway with all the detail work I tend to do. I spent this morning finishing up the third and final drawing, and then the rest of the day scanning the works. That was quite a job in itself. I need to get frames and stuff real soon because I will be taking some trips this summer and need to ship stuff early because of that. I have 4 drawings I need to do in the next 3 weeks. That sounds completely doable seeing it written here, but again, it's detailed stuff that will be time consuming. But I gotta do it, so failure is not an option.

here's a small preview of a section of the drawing I just completed. I can't wait to show you all the finished works. That'll happen in about a month, so stay tuned.

No comments: