Saturday, May 21, 2011

Late spring update

Just wanted to give a little update as to what has been going on lately. Let's see, well I just finished two editorial illustrations this week for a literary journal called Annalemma. It's a nicely put-together biannual based in California. I'm excited to see how it turns out because there are some great illustrators in this upcoming issue and I'm anxious to see what they did for it.

The G40 art summit event is going on right now. It started thursday. I'm participating in it through an invite via Art Whino. I've got 11 pieces in the show, mostly small older works.

I'm also currently in a show at Sacred Machine Gallery called "Beyond the Sacred". That will run until July 31st. It includes the usual roster of great artists that participate in the shows there. So if you live in Tucson you should stop by.

I still have one 18" x 24" drawing to do for the "Rituals" show that is happening this summer in NYC through my art collective. It will be at Causey Contemporary Gallery in Brooklyn in mid-July. I've done 2 out of 3 of the drawings, and I have to admit they've taken a bit longer to do than expected. That's probably because I ended up making them more detailed than I planned. Eh....what else is new? So I should try to finish that up in this next week if I can.

After that, I have some personal commissions to do and some collaborative projects.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that there is an album coming out at the end of next month that I did the cover art for. It's coming out on vinyl. The band is Harm's Way and the album is called "Isolation". I'll definitely post pictures when I get my hands on it.

That's all for now folks :)

above are the 2 works going to Articulated Gallery in San Francisco.

2 comments:

Julita said...

I just recently discovered your work and I love it! Can't wait for the NYC show! I will make sure to check it out!

Jon MacNair said...

Thanks very much Julita. I think it will be a great show!