Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Mid-August update

I haven't written a post in a while, so I just thought I would give you all a heads up on what's been happening. I got back from vacation a few weeks ago and have been working on some new self-initiated illustrations. See, I'm trying to get my website updated because it's been grossly neglected for a long time now and I need to do something about that. Because I had some major problems with my hard drive earlier in the year and my computer had to be wiped clean, I'm using this as a good reason to start over and redesign my website. I could download the old files, but I want to try my hand at learning some html this time, as daunting as that seems. I already have an idea of what I want my site to look like, and now I am concentrating on creating more content for it. Most of the stuff on there now in terms of illustration is going to be removed because I want to project a slightly different style with my freelance illustration, more similar to my fine art style. That seems to be what more people gravitate towards anyway. I'm working on 8 pieces right now, 4 of which are pattern designs (something new to me). All that will go up on the site after it's completed. I also have some collaborations to work on and a personal project I have been invited to do from an illustrator friend. Crazily enough, in the last few weeks I have been invited to participate in 5 group shows (3 of which are in October). Some are galleries I have worked with before, and some are new to me. I also have a personal commission put on backburner at the moment (for a relative) and some publications I want to submit work to. I'm just trying to focus right now and make a list detailing all this with dates etc. My head feels full.

No comments: