Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Art and the great outdoors




Hey everyone,

I just got back last night from an 11 day vacation in Vermont. Also spent some time in New York, but was mainly in Burlington, and North Hero Island. So beautiful! I had told myself I would draw on this vacation, and I did ONE complete drawing. Not as prolific as I would have liked to be, but I did try a few times and it was just too hot in the sun. I'm posting a picture of the drawing I did while sitting at the picnic table behind the house on the cliff off the lake. I used charcoal since it's a nice quick medium. It was fun and surprisingly challenging drawing from real life again.

Much of my time was spent taking photographs. There was just so much to document everywhere I looked. I took over 700 pictures.

No comments: