Thursday, May 20, 2010

On to the next thing

Today I finished the large drawing I've been working on for over a week. It feels like it took forever to complete, but now I can rest assured that it's done. I also spent a good while scanning the whole thing, and managed to do so with less scans than I had anticipated.

I will be getting it framed really soon, and be going the professional route. Hopefully I can get it back within a week or so and have plenty of time to ship it to California in a timely manner. I hate having to pay extra for a rushed shipping if I can help it. I'm going to be spending a good amount of money on the framing, so anywhere I can save money I will try to.

Next thing to work on is a large drawing for a project that involves a book and exhibition together. The work needs to illustrate a specific line from the "The Raven" by Edgar Allan Poe and all artists are doing the same line. Should be interesting, although the size will be a bit of a challenge.

I will have about a week and a half to complete that, however I really hope it doesn't take that long. After that's done, there are no immediate deadlines approaching, although still lots of stuff to do. Three shows to prepare for in the fall. It feels like the last few 4 or 5 projects I've done have gone right up to the deadlines, which can make things feel a little frantic.

I am happy though that I've gotten paid for a large assignment I did recently and also sold a few prints this week.

More news to come. Stay tuned!

No comments: