Monday, September 20, 2010

One redeeming thing about today....

I am currently experiencing postal service hell (or limbo, however you want to look at it it). I sent a piece of art to Barcelona approximately 7 weeks ago, and there is no word of it arriving at the gallery. I am angry at USPS, customs and mostly angry at myself for being so completely naive in thinking that it would actually get to the intended destination via USPS. At this point, I can make a new piece for the show, or do nothing and just hope it turns up. Either way I am angry.

Stuff like this is enough to make me just say I will not participate in any shows overseas. Things get too complicated a lot of the time.

Anyway, the one redeeming thing about today is that I got my beautiful copy of SLICE magazine in the mail today. I have an illustration in this issue (the Villains issue). It's my piece "Under Skin" which I am sure everyone is tired of seeing by now, as it has already been published in a few other publications and posted on various blogs. People seem to like this image (particularly editorial publications). I wonder why. Perhaps it's mysterious enough to lend itself to many different things. Anyway, the printing of the magazine is really wonderful. There's an interview with Alan Moore (of 'Watchmen'), an interview with Jonathan Safran Foer (author of 'Eating Animals'), an illustration by Sarah McNeil, and great cover art by Caitlin Hackett.















No comments: