Friday, January 7, 2011

2010 Review

2010 was a great "work" year for me. Maybe the best so far, which I hope continues into the new year of course. I participated in about 22 shows, which is a huge leap from last year which was about only 6. A lot of the exhibitions were on the west coast (Oregon and California), but I also managed to show in some new states like Arizona and Washington.

Some of the highlights included a group show at Flatcolor gallery in Seattle (with an amazing lineup of artists I admire), The Blab show at Copro gallery in L.A. (special thanks to Monte Beauchamp), my first "real" group art show in NYC at Sacred Gallery, being part of STROKE .02 Urban Art Fair in Munich Germany and top it off with my first exhibition overseas at Recoat Gallery in Glasgow. Also, in terms of commercial work, I did two album covers (one of which will be coming out this year). I was also very fortunate to be featured in some excellent publications like: EMPTY magazine, SLICE, Finerats, Color Ink Book, AMMO, Beautiful Decay, The Stranger, Funswant and the Washington Square Review.

I would have loved to have sold more work, but I can't complain about what I did accomplish.

2011 holds promise too, with a group show in NYC this summer and a feature in a major magazine overseas.

I'll keep you updated! Better get working now :)

No comments: