Saturday, September 19, 2009

quick update

Just wanted to post a quick update on what I've been up to lately. Well, I've been frantically working on my piece for the Launch Pad show in Portland next month. They are supposed to have the art by the 24th of next week, so you can see why I am hurrying. Don't forget, it has to get shipped across the country. Well, right now I am at the scanning stage. I think I am happy with the finished drawing. I painted a frame for it and am still trying to decide if I like the color I chose. It's much brighter and more vibrant than I would normally choose, but I figure this is a huge group show, and with my piece being black and white, it could use something to make it stand out a bit. I think I like it better this color than the hunter green I initially chose. Maybe my opinion will be different in the morning.

I was stressed out because the prep I had done on the drawing before I went away on my recent trip turned out to be a big waste of time. I spent a whole day and a half drawing the work out in pencil, thinking I could jump into the ink stage when I returned from my trip, but when I started to ink the other day, the lines bled badly. Must've been the paper. I was so annoyed. I ended up drawing the whole thing out again, practically identical on another piece of paper (I TESTED FIRST). That took a whole day. So basically I lost a day. I worked on the drawing for about 12 hours yesterday and about 6-7 hours today. I guess that's life.

No comments: