Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A busy month

I've been really busy this month! Not only did a take small trip to Louisiana to visit relatives, but I've been occupied with a multitude of projects, shows and freelance jobs.

I just finished a freelance job for Computer Arts. I'll be excited to see how it all comes out. They are combining the tutorial I did with another tutorial done by an animator. Pretty cool.

I also had three shows open this past week in Portland, Albuquerque and Seattle.

I completed a commission that had been on the back burner for a while now (see "Saints Commission" blog post)

I finished a piece for a skateboard art show where I painted a blank deck with acrylics. I don't usually work with acrylics or paint on wood, so it was a different experience for me. It kind of got me in the mood for painting on more wood, so maybe I will give that wood panels I have a try.

I've been working on a sketchbook collaboration this week. I've had the sketchbook for a while but haven't had much time to work on it. But this week I dove in and am having fun with it!

I have some more shows coming up that I need to create more work for. One in Culver City and one in Albuquerque. I'm also working on another piece for the annual Postcards From the Edge show in NY (early January). I always participate in that, and I figure it doesn't hurt to get it done early. Things get crazy around December.

I am also waiting for some projects and publications to be released. There is a record album I did the artwork for that should be coming out this fall.

And most recently I have been asked to do a tattoo design commission and a comic strip panel. So there is a lot of stuff going on right now. And I'm sure I left out something in that long explanation. I'll probably think of it later......

No comments: