Sunday, October 16, 2011

Santiago Uceda/Jon MacNair Sketchbook Collaboration - Part 1

So I think I have mentioned this before, but I am doing a sketchbook collaboration with fantastic illustrator, Santiago Uceda. Santiago came up with the idea and I suggested we trade sketchbooks so we could work on them simultaneously and each have one to keep. Because we are both pretty busy working on paid projects etc, this got pushed to the back burner for a long while, but I finally got a bit of time to work on it, and I pretty much went full speed ahead. Once I started, I had a lot of fun with it. I played with a lot of color and used acrylic paints, something I don't do too often. I think the nice thing about a collaboration is you already have a starting point when working with the other persons share of art. It's also really cool to see a melding of two styles. I'm posting some before and after pics on here. Since this is Santiago's book, the "before" pictures are his work and the "after" pictures are mine. I have a whole bunch of pages done, but I will be posting a few pics at a time. Hope you enjoy!










http://santiagouceda.com/

No comments: